The Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We got "the Call"

So there I am in the middle of Gus's Grade 1 Student-Led-Conference and Marg (from our adoption agency) calls to update me!!! I had to call her back!!! I've waited four years for the call and I had to call her back. Hilarious. Anyway, I called her as soon as Gus's presentation was done and she let me know that our referral had arrived in Canada, had spent the day at the Chinese Embassy in Victoria and is currently en route to her office in North Vancouver. She should have it by noon tomorrow and will email me the pictures, date of birth and location of orphanage as soon as she gets it. That means I will have a picture in my hands tomorrow of our daughter. It's going to be a a long night.....

2 comments: